- Bookman Book Clubs
- Cultural Immersion Experiences with Barbara Lee VanHorssen
- North Ottawa Wellness Foundation
- Bookman Emails Signup
- Calendar of Events
- Bookman Info Hours Directions & Services
Thank you for shopping The Bookman's on-line store! If you find a title on our site, and wonder if we have it in-stock in our Washington Avenue home, please give us a call at (616) 846-3520. Online orders will be shipped to your home, office, or gift recipient!
You are hereBack to top
Your Body is Your Brain: Leverage Your Somatic Intelligence to Find Purpose, Build Resilience, Deepen Relationships and Lead More Powerfully (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Around the world, a swelling tide of people are discovering an astonishing, life-altering truth. This book tells their extraordinary stories:
- an anxious PhD student builds his confidence by changing his workout
- back exercises help one woman negotiate a fix to a botched home repair
- a Microsoft executive grows credibility by shifting her stance
- an executive team leads their company to a 30% increase in valuation by dancing together
In this timely and engaging book, Amanda Blake synthesizes research from over two dozen scientific fields to reveal how you, too, can come to embody vital qualities such as these:
- align your daily activities with a deeper sense of meaning and purpose
- become more relaxed, confident, and at ease in high-pressure situations
- shatter limitations that have been immune to "the power of positive thinking"
- create better relationships at work and at home
- turn conflict into opportunity
...and many more valuable skills that will enable you to contribute, succeed and enjoy life at the highest levels. Strengthen your social and emotional intelligence by cultivating your innate somatic intelligence. This is powerful applied mind-body science, in the workplace and beyond.
Tap the intelligence hidden in posture, gesture, and sensation and you will open the door to more meaning, greater courage, deeper connection, and more powerful leadership than you imagined possible.