- Bookman Emails Signup
- Bookman Info Hours Directions & Services
- Bookman Book Clubs
- Cultural Immersion Experiences with Barbara Lee VanHorssen
- North Ottawa Wellness Foundation
- Calendar of Events
- September Poetry Lives
Thank you for shopping The Bookman's on-line store! If you find a title on our site, and wonder if we have it in-stock in our Washington Avenue home, please give us a call at (616) 846-3520. Online orders will be shipped to your home, office, or gift recipient!
You are hereBack to top
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (Revised and Expanded): The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Lack of Focus, Anger, and Memory Problems (Paperback)
List Price: $17.00
Our Price: $15.30
(Save: $1.70 10%)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
In this completely revised and updated edition of the breakthrough bestseller, neuropsychiatrist Dr. Daniel Amen includes effective "brain prescriptions" that can help heal your brain and change your life.
To quell anxiety and panic: Use simple breathing techniques to immediately calm inner turmoil
To fight depression: Learn how to kill ANTs (automatic negative thoughts)
To curb anger: Follow the Amen anti-anger diet and learn the nutrients that calm rage
To conquer impulsiveness and learn to focus: Develop total focus with the One-Page Miracle
To stop obsessive worrying: Follow the "get unstuck" writing exercise and learn other problem-solving exercises
You'll see scientific evidence that your anxiety, depression, anger, obsessiveness, or impulsiveness could be related to how specific structures in your brain work.
You're not stuck with the brain you're born with.
About the Author
DANIEL G. AMEN, MD, is a clinical neuroscientist, psychiatrist, and brain imaging expert who heads the world-renowned Amen Clinics. The Washington Post called Dr. Amen the most popular psychiatrist in America, and Sharecare named him the web's #1 most influential expert and advocate on mental health. He is a distinguished fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a nine-time New York Times bestselling author, including Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, Magnificent Mind at Any Age, and Change Your Brain, Change Your Body. He is also an internationally recognized keynote speaker and the star of several very popular public television specials.
"With a cutting-edge, easy-to-apply plan, Dr. Daniel Amen proves you needn't succumb to depression, anger, and other negative emotions. This must-read book provides the key to heal your brain and transform your life."
- JJ Virgin, Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert, Author of the NYT bestsellers: The Virgin Diet & Sugar Impact Diet
“This is the definitive manual for taking care of your brain, so it can take care of you. Prevent one of the most important hidden agers of your body.”
- Sara Gottfried MD, Harvard Trained Physician and NYT bestselling author of The Hormone Cure
“Change Your Brain, Change Your Life is your manual for fully optimizing your brain. Dr. Amen and I partner with Pastor Rick Warren in creating The Daniel Plan that has helped tens of thousands of people get well by using habits that optimize decision making and brain function. His newly revised book gives readers a powerfully practical exploration into the organ that makes you who you are.”
- Mark Hyman, MD, Director of the Cleveland Center for Functional Medicine and the author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller The Blood Sugar Solution.
”I consider Daniel Amen to be the most innovative psychiatrist in America. His message is simple, yet profound: you can’t have a healthy life without a healthy brain. His dietary and lifestyle strategies to maintain brain health are based on the world’s most comprehensive library of brain imaging technology that allows one to observe the impact of his recommendations. If you want a more fulfilled life, this book is a must read.”
- Barry Sears, Ph.D., Author of The Zone
“After 110,000 brain scans Dr. Daniel Amen is the ultimate expert on how to change your brain so that you can change your life for the better. The discovery of his wisdom and insights will make your life and brain health infinitely better.”
- Mark Victor Hansen, New York Times Bestselling Author, Co-Creator of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series and The Miracles In You series
“No one knows more about the connection between your brain, your body, and your life than Daniel Amen. This new, updated edition of his classic book is even better than the original, and it belongs in every health library. Highly recommended!”
- Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS aka “The Nutrition Myth Buster”, author of The Great Cholesterol Myth and Smart Fat: Eat More Fat, Lose More Weight, Get Healthy Now
"Revolutionary. Dr. Amen shows how your brain can become your worst enemy, and how with the proper treatment, your best friend."
- Martin Stein, M.D., associate clinical professor of psychiatry, George Washington University
"Opens the door to assessment and interventions that can change your life."
- Robert D. Hunt, M.D., associate clinical professor of psychiatry, Vanderbilt School of Medicine
"Dr. Daniel Amen's book represents an expert solution not only for better treating brain illness but more importantly for creating a lasting state of brain wellness."
- Cyrus Raji, MD, PhD, UCLA Medical Center, Department of Radiology
"This book is a goldmine of practical and easy-to-follow instructions on how you can you can feel sharper, happier, and more in control. Dr. Amen has condensed his 35 years of experience in treating patients with attention deficit disorder, depression, anxiety, OCD, and addiction into a practical program you can follow on your own."
- Majid Fotuhi, MD, PhD, Medical Director, NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center