- Health and Wellness in Partnership with Local Thought Leaders
- Notables Book Club
- Bookman e-mail lists!
- Calendar of Events
- Notables Book Club with George Heartwell
- A 1,000 Mile Walk...: Loreen Niewenhuis
- Little Paris Bookshop - Bookman Book Club
- Kathryn Remlinger at Loutit District Library
- Blood on the Michigan Mitten
- Holiday Marketplace
- Poetry Lives!
- Notables Book Club with Lazaro Vega
- Light Night
- The Lady of the Rivers - Bookman Book Club
- Michael Perry - Montaigne In Barn Boots
- Discounts & Services
- Hours & Directions
- Search E-books
- Search Audiobooks
You are hereBack to top
A Different Pond
Stop into The Bookman for a wide range of children's books, new and classic!
While visiting the store, pick up the latest Kids' Next! The Autumn 2017 edition has arrived!
Order on-line for special pricing, and home delivery!
Availability: Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Published: Capstone Young Readers - August 1st, 2017
A strong, quiet story about love, family connection, and the way community is built on small shared moments. Bao Phi's clear prose tells a story where maybe not much seems to happen, but illuminates the whole world for a child who loves his father, and stretches himself. Thi Bui's illustrations and page layouts bring the reader into the life of a boy, a family, and the community where they live. --Kid's Next Autumn 2017 Selection for kids 4 to 8, reviewed by Shannon McMaster, The Bookman