- Health and Wellness in Partnership with Local Thought Leaders
- Notables Book Club
- Bookman e-mail lists!
- Calendar of Events
- Notables Book Club with George Heartwell
- A 1,000 Mile Walk...: Loreen Niewenhuis
- Little Paris Bookshop - Bookman Book Club
- Kathryn Remlinger at Loutit District Library
- Blood on the Michigan Mitten
- Holiday Marketplace
- Poetry Lives!
- Notables Book Club with Lazaro Vega
- Light Night
- The Lady of the Rivers - Bookman Book Club
- Michael Perry - Montaigne In Barn Boots
- Discounts & Services
- Hours & Directions
- Search E-books
- Search Audiobooks
You are hereBack to top
Discounting & Services
The Bookman provides a discount pricing schedule when wholesale prices allow.
- Customer Club: Join our Customer Club and receive $10 for every $100 you spend at The Bookman. Please ask for details when you check out. This program does not combine with other discounts.
- Teachers: Classroom teachers can receive a discount on select purchases. Please ask for details when you check out. Teacher discount purchases are not eligible for Customer Club credit.
- Schools & Non-profits: Books and other material purchased by schools and non-profit organizations receive a 20% discount. Greater discounts may be possible, and we will work on an individual basis with each situation. Please provide a Tax ID# at the time of your order if we do not have it on file.
- Book Clubs: When an individual buys five or more copies of a single title for a bookclub, a 20% discount is available. The customer can receive this discount as either a 20% discount on the purchase, or as a 10% discount plus credit on the customer's Customer Club account.
- Large Orders: Large orders receive a minimum 20% discount and are tax free for schools and other non-profit organizations. Depending on the purchase, we may be able to provide a higher discount. Please provide your Tax ID# at the time of your order. We also work with for-profit groups and businesses to provide competitive discounts on large orders.
Monthly Clubs & Groups
- Bookman Book Club: Our book club meets the last Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm. Call for details. Everyone is welcome!
- Poetry Club: Poetry Live: Our poetry club meets the second Tuesday of every month from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Come share your own work or read one of your favorite poems to the group.
- Consignments: The Bookman is happy to assist new authors in the sale of their books. Our policy is to handle these titles on consignment. We pay you periodically after the books are sold. We order in small quantities and desire no more than two copies at a time.
- Out of Print Search: Looking for a book that is out of print? We will do the research for you and use our special contacts to find your book. A $5.00 search fee applies to this service.
- Paperback Used Book Exchange: Bring in your used books and receive credit toward used books.
- Special Ordering: We offer “just in time” ordering. Looking for a book not on our shelves? No problem. We have a free special order service. Contact us and we will order your book for pick up at our store. The turnaround time is often only one or two days.
- Gift Certificates: If you are having a hard time deciding what to give, try one of our gift certificates. They are available in any denomination, and our gift certificates have no expiration date. If you do select a gift from our bookstore, we will gift wrap it for free!
- Readings & Signings for Local Authors: We love supporting our local community. If you are an author looking for some promotion, we would be happy to host a book signing and reading for you. Please contact us for details.
- Host Events & Sell Tickets: Do you have a community event coming up? Call us about hosting or for our help with ticket sales.
715 Washington Ave.
Grand Haven, MI 49456