- Cultural Immersion Experiences with Barbara Lee VanHorssen
- North Ottawa Wellness Foundation
- Notables Book Club
- Bookman Emails Signup
- Calendar of Events
- Bookman Info Hours Directions & Services
- Independent Bookstore Day
You are hereBack to top
Discounting & Services
The Bookman provides a discount pricing schedule when wholesale prices allow.
- Teachers: Classroom teachers can receive a discount on select purchases. Please ask for details when you check out. Teacher discount purchases are not eligible for Customer Club credit.
- Schools & Non-profits: Books and other material purchased by schools and non-profit organizations receive a 20% discount. Greater discounts may be possible, and we will work on an individual basis with each situation. Please provide a Tax ID# at the time of your order if we do not have it on file.
- Book Clubs: When an individual buys five or more copies of a single title for a bookclub, a 20% discount is available. The customer can receive this discount as either a 20% discount on the purchase, or as a 10% discount plus credit on the customer's Customer Club account.
- Large Orders: Large orders receive a minimum 20% discount and are tax free for schools and other non-profit organizations. Depending on the purchase, we may be able to provide a higher discount. Please provide your Tax ID# at the time of your order. We also work with for-profit groups and businesses to provide competitive discounts on large orders.
Monthly Clubs & Groups
- Bookman Book Club: Our book club meets the last Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm. Call for details. Everyone is welcome!
- Poetry Club: Poetry Live: Our poetry club meets the second Tuesday of every month from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Come share your own work or read one of your favorite poems to the group.
- Gift Certificates: If you are having a hard time deciding what to give, try one of our gift certificates. They are available in any denomination, and our gift certificates have no expiration date. If you do select a gift from our bookstore, we will gift wrap it for free!
- Special Ordering: We offer “just in time” ordering. Looking for a book not on our shelves? No problem. We have a free special order service. Contact us and we will order your book for pick up at our store. The turnaround time is often only one or two days.
- Out of Print Search: Looking for a book that is out of print? We will do the research for you and use our special contacts to find your book. A $5.00 search fee applies to this service.
- Paperback Used Book Exchange: Bring in your used books and receive credit toward used books.
- Consignments: The Bookman is happy to assist new authors in the sale of their books. Our policy is to handle these titles on consignment.
- Readings & Signings for Local Authors: We love supporting our local community. If you are an author looking for some promotion, we would be happy to host a book signing and reading for you. Please contact us for details.
- Host Events & Sell Tickets: Do you have a community event coming up? Call us about hosting or for our help with ticket sales.
715 Washington Ave.
Grand Haven, MI 49456